So yeah, as I sad I didn't drink any coffee for last 7 days. It has been a long 7 days but I master it and now I don't want to continue in it(my first plan was a month).
Last month I read a blog from Leo Babauta (after reading his book Zen to done(recommending)) about really interesting idea named "a year living without" where this guy writing about his plan to test boundaries of his needs and simplifying his life. It really inspired me to do the same but change some things. I start with a coffee.
I drunk 2 coffee in a day. After breakfast and lunch. I loved it but I didn't know if its really good for my health and if it really giving me the boost that I need to. So after a week (enough to see the differences, pros and cons) here are some things that i found:
- + I don't have to think about it. Really awesome thing that I realize next day after stop. Because I always had to think about when I am going to wash my moka pot, grind coffee and wait until its done, prepare the sugar, put the milk and drink it. I don't like cheap instant coffee and I just looove the smell of fresh grind coffee and when its making in moka pot. But it takes some time that I gave up and it was good :)
- + I started to drink tea. My parents love Yogi tea. I learned how to do it and switch from coffee to good tea :)
- + I didn't feel tired. That was surprising for me, I thought that I will be tired all the time, but I wasn't!
- - I had to say no to coffee. When I was at home or with a friend who offered me a coffee I had to say no, even when I know he has a really really good coffee. It was hard...
- - I drank water or a coffee, nothing else (beer doesn't count :P) but after giving up coffee only water left, that was weird not so tasty as before. Tea wasn't bad but it's not so strong as a good cup a coffee.
So I'm back. Drinking this taste coffee from my lovely favourite cup and really enjoying it.
It was an interesting week. I found out that I can live without coffee, but I don't really want to. And the most important thing that coffee is happiness for me and not a burden. I will drink coffee only in the morning and enjoying it with my friends :)
But I want to continue with this, I want to know what my boundaries is, want to test my power-will(mostly). Next level is Alcohol, Facebook, computer and others :)
So, stay tuned :P
My inspiration: http://zenhabits.net/without/